Saturday, October 20, 2012

Pre-training day 2

I'd like to start off by saying, no, I have not google mapped the route I ran yesterday or today yet. I will when I'm done with this. Probably. It actually turns out that even though my ipod has no internet connection while I run, it DOES somehow track where I've gone. Granted, it looks like a psycho drew the route, but its generally where I ran all the same.

So tonight. GOOD run. I'm very pleased with how it went. They say the right pair of running shoes make all the difference. So I went with the best running shoes of all: NO SHOES. And it made a big difference for me. As it always does. I felt a bit lighter all through the run. Even during warm up, my movement felt better.

Before I get too far though, I should probably say that there ARE a few differences between tonight and last night's run. First of all (and probably most important), I went on a run yesterday. My body, though a bit sore, was MUCH more prepared to do it again after having done it once before. And two... well I'm a massage therapist. I know a guy. And this morning he worked over my deep hip rotators and my TFLs. Then I worked my adductors over a bit with my elbow.  Having clarified that...

According to Runkeeper, I ran 3.82 miles tonight. Just a touch less than I'm expected to run starting Monday. I could have gone the full 4 miles (plus a few 10ths), but I was feeling really good about the run and didn't want to push TOO hard on day 2. Both knees had anterior aching, and my right medial arch was a bit sore. Probably indicative of said medial arch being collapsed/collapsing. Or just generally being messed up from that foot flicking out, around, and back in every time I step. Stupid foot. I'm going to start re-pattering my lower limb muscles in hopes of correcting that. Some toes up foot up... foot circles... other things...

My air was much better than yesterday-though still needs major help. That fascial chest band is killing me!

Run keeper STILL says I ran mile 3 in 6:07, but I doubt that. 8 minutes I'll buy or even 10. Not 6 though. My pace felt pretty steady.

Anyhow... My final numbers according to Runkeeper are:
  3.82 Miles, 28 Minutes, 57 Seconds. I'll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment