In the interest of keeping these blogs kinda short, I decided to give you all an update on everything running in my life in a separate entry which hopefully won't be that long.
So here goes.
It is SO HARD to run with my feet and ankles relaxed! Which, if memory serves (and it may not), is the way I'm SUPPOSED to be running. I'm basing this on the theory that my body knows how it wants to move and therefore how to land its' own feet when it's running so if it's wrong, my body will slowly correct it until I'm running the right way. But as my feet DON'T hurt when I'm running, my guess is that I'm doing ok so far.
I think I need to go back to a chiropractor. My back is much improved from previous adjustments, and who knows how much or little from being minimalist in the shoe department, but I really feel like I have too much anterior pelvic tilt. Feels like I'm walking with my ass sticking out all the time. And not in a good way lol. I do actually have a back injury and have been told by chiropractors that it can be fixed, but they want me to come in 3 times a week for probably forever at $40 a time. I'm not that rich right now so I'm just being careful in the meantime. But I think finding a new chiropractor and getting adjustments at reasonable intervals is a good idea and would help me out quite a bit.
My feet hurt pretty much all the time now. I would give it a 3 out of 10 on the pain scale. Enough to notice but not enough to do anything about lol. It used to be my feet were fine as long as I didn't walk too far (less than a mile at a shot), but over the last 2 years I slowly built that up to where it's not TOO much of a problem. Now they hurt all the time. This COULD be my plantar fasciitis getting worse maybe (or may be my feet rebelling because they walk basically unprotected on tile all day at work and sidewalk and more tile at the grocery store when I'm OFF work), but I subscribe to the theory that my feet hurt because I'm wearing minimalist shoes and the pain is my feet getting stronger. :)
I'm surprise how easy it has been to become addicted to running. I'm not even doing it completely regularly yet. Intermittently, but usually at least twice a week. I think for about a month. Maybe a bit more. A good and healthy addiction. I'm also surprised tonights run went so well. I've been feeling kinda think physically and short of breath when I go up the 2 flights of stairs at work. But for some reason running was running and I'm happy for that.
I can feel my creativity slowly growing back. It's not quite ready to come out and play yet, but I remember how it felt when I was there all the time and it's a welcome feeling to recognize in myself again. It's also not entirely due to the running, but it sure doesn't hurt. I've heard some authors say they're more creative when they're healthy. Looks like I might be that way as well. :)
I'll probably think of 10 more things to say as soon as I post this, but for now I think that's all the updates I've got. Oh yeah. I gotta get my Fivefinger Flows ordered before winter gets here. I'm excited for that.
Happy Running!
:)
Sunday, September 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment